Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January Newsletter

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I hope you are all doing well.

This month at the Hiroshima International University, due to the long break and illnesses, we met only once, but what an interesting conversation it was. Three ladies attended and each received a Bible before we said goodbye. The Lord led us through our conversation together, from issues about world politics to what the Bible says about drinking. We pray that the seeds planted with the people who attend will bear fruit one day, as the Lord wills.

At Daichi church our Tuesday night prayer and worship time was also less frequent than we would have liked, since we were only able to meet once during this month. But, at the meeting we were blessed with the attendance of a missionary group from Korea who served at the church for about a week. It was a big group of about 15 or 20 people. So many times our time on Tuesdays is just pastor Lee, Mari, Mr. Kim and I. Having such a large group was really a blessing which the Lord used to encourage me about unity. One of the thoughts was realizing that this is a picture of heaven where people from every nation and tongue, through the generations, are united in Christ. Amen!

At the Daichi English/Bible study we met as scheduled. This month for our children's class Ayaka, Natsuko, Chad, Ahynn, Onyu, and Chansoo joined us. As usual We had a blast! Our advanced Bible study group included Chad, Beth, Mari, and Hikaru. The Lord spoke to our hearts as we studied His Word. Hikaru will not be able to join any longer since he will be studying abroad, but he wrote me an encouraging email. He wrote:

"Thank you today. I could go to Daiichi Kyokai (church) today after a long time. I enjoy talking to you. Your conversation about Christian is good for me because I had not known about it."

Lastly, it is with great sadness while also rejoicing that I write about my dear brother Micah Stout who went home to be with the Lord on January 6, 2010 after battling cancer and a blood infection. He was 32. He was a Godly man whom the Lord used to reach people wherever he was. I was fortunate enough to meet with him one last time here on earth this past summer in Atlanta, Georgia. It was a special time. I learned a lot from Micah and I look forward to the day we will meet again in the presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Please pray for his wife and children.

Thank you for reading. May the Lord continue to guide us each and every step!

In Jesus,
Tyler

1 comment:

Inspired said...

I'll be praying for Micah's family- I didn't realize he was married with children. Always sweet to hear what the Lord is doing over there!