Friday, April 11, 2008

Prayer Requests

So far, being here is both challenging and exciting. I am constantly reminded of my weaknesses and the reality of my need for total dependence on Christ. As I continue to settle into life in Hiroshima I would like to ask for prayer. Please pray as the Spirit leads.

  • For the people of Hiroshima to know the hope that is in Christ and be saved.
  • That I could interact with each person with the humility of Christ; being kind and gentle, slow to speak and quick to listen, that they would know Christ's love in me.
  • For spiritual and physical health. Just as there is great spiritual oppression here, there is also a variety of illnesses that circulate around.
  • For a healthy church and good fellowship.
  • For ministry opportunities and His wisdom in what to take part in.
  • For my Japanese language studies.

As I have stated before, the main purpose of this year is to become a better Japanese speaker so that I can be of greater service to the Japanese people in the future. However, in the process of learning the Japanese language and culture, I also have the privelege of being available as an instrument of the Lord. Therefore, I look forward to seeing what God has planned for me here in Hiroshima in addtion to my studies. His will be done.

No comments: