Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Be faithful to the smallest things!

I was riding the train home tonight and the Lord prompted me to talk to the lady sitting near me. I didn't want to at first, especially since there is always an anti-social, silent atmosphere at that time of night when everyone seems to be returning from work. I thought, "What if I she will be intimidated because I am a man who seems to be approaching a woman, I don't want to scare her...that doesn't look good." Feeling as though the Lord was not going to let me get out of this one, no matter how many excuses I tried to make, I simply asked Him to strengthen me and to lead the way. So, I unzipped my pack and unzipped a smaller pack which carried a stack of tracts, and I pulled out a tract. I held it in my hand asking the Lord for His timing. As I sat there the train came to a stop and the doors stayed open as the cold air rushed in. It became noticeably cold, at least to me, and so I looked over at her and said, "It's cold, isn't it?" She was pretty shy and didn't really respond. So, I waited another awkward minute or two, still asking the Lord how to get this tract into her hand. Finally, after sitting there, I said, "This train is slow, isn't it?" She kindly replied, "It is because the cars are crossing." I told her, "Oh that's right, of course, I knew that...I have been on this train many times, especially since my church is near. Do you know Mitaki church?" She didn't. So I went on to tell her that they have many things there, like a Gospel choir and other things, and then I handed her the tract and said, "The address is here. Take a look." She took the tract and looked. I said, "It is a Christian pamphlet." Then she said, "Can I have it?" By this time she was smiling, seemingly excited to be conversing. "Of course," I replied. Finally, I said, "Please read it." A minute later we were at Yokogawa station and it was time to change trains. Honestly, I don't know the the purpose was for that little transaction. However, I know I have to be faithful with the small things. It was a tiny task, but I had to trust the Lord to do it. Lord willing, she will show up at church and I will keep getting opportunities to be used for His glory!

No comments: