Thursday, May 8, 2008

Because Jesus Loves the Homeless of Hiroshima city

Recently, I was walking down the street in the middle of Hiroshima city. I was going to the office to take care of some things, and on my way I noticed a homeless man lying on the sidewalk. I had seen him there before, but this time was different. I continued on and went to my meeting. On the way home, he was still there. As I stood there about to cross the street and continue walking right by him, the Lord told me to talk to him and give him a tract. So, before I crossed the street I pulled a tract out of my pack and had it ready to give. So, I crossed the street and spoke with him and gave him a tract. That was it.

Out of this experience the Lord has continued to put this guy and the other homeless of Hiroshima on my heart. They are there everyday and we all just walk right by them. They need love. They are the outcasts. People look down on them. They are the shameful in a thriving society.

However, God has been been ancouraging me to reach out to them saying, 'for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;'I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' Matt. 25:35-36

Please pray for guidance regarding this potential ministry. I am thinking to go out on a particular day or evening consistently every week to talk to them, to bring them food and a tract if they are interested. Perhaps it will cause others to want to come out with me. Please pray.

No comments: